Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pull your pants up!

I know, I am veering dangerously away from my stated purpose of this blog originally. Soon I will get back to it. No, really. I'll do it, honest. But for now other thoughts tickle my fancy (and who knew I had a fancy to tickle or that one could tickle a fancy?).

It starts with the idea of telling these kids to pull up their stupid pants. Yeah, I know homie, it's all the style and stuff. Phht. Whatever. What I know is this "style" stems from a group of people who find it necessary from time to time to run from, oh, other gang members or the cops. Guess what? If your belt is below your hips and the crotch of your trousers is at your knees simple physics tells us that you won't run very fast or effective. You're slowing yourself down! Oh, yeah... right. Physics wasn't your best subject. In fact, none of the subjects was your best subject. But I digress (again).

Please keep in mind that I'm not saying that every knucklehead who doesn't have enough pride or sense of self-esteem is going to be chased by the cops or fellow gangbangers. I just feel that the origins need to be brought to the fore. Nonetheless, pull up your damn pants and wear them like a man.

As I type this I realize that this makes me sound like an old man. All you droopy-drawers out there will be glad to point it out to me and that I just don't understand. Number one; I understand you look stupid regardless of how old I am. Number two; Sure enough I'm getting older. But I still recall my youth.

In my younger days I grew my hair out for a short time. It got pretty long. I thought I was going to be cool like Ted Nugent. All the "older" folks on my paper route used to tell me that they thought I was a girl with the long hair. Sure, I thought they "didn't understand". But recently I looked at some photos of myself from that era. Guess what? I was the one that didn't understand. I really *did* look like a girl. No wonder why I had such a hard time getting a date!

Understand?

Pull up them damn pants before I get the stapler.


1 comment:

  1. Why yes, you do sound like an old man. Now go sit in your recliner, put on some sports show, and take a damn nap.

    ReplyDelete